<VV> Convention issue of Communique

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Aug 31 13:09:13 EDT 2005

> From: corvairs <lonwall at corvairunderground.com>
> Date: 2005/08/31 Wed PM 12:13:42 EST
> To: kaczmarek at charter.net
> CC: virtualvairs at corvair.org
> Subject: Re: <VV> Convention issue of Communique
>
> Hank - Harry and Mike had northing to do with the dues increase - it was

Lon--I am completely aware of this. I had NO intention of my post slamming them. I know who did it, and why. That wasn't the point at all.
We really need to stop strangling Corsa financially
> and start behaving like mature adults who know full well that
> prices/expenses have continued to rise every year - and will continue to
> do so. I can absolutley guarrantee that Social Security has increased
> MUCH more than this very modest dues increase and so has virtually
> everything else.

I have no argument there. I wasn't one of those who complained last time, and Harry can testify that I was NOT in very good financial position at the time.

> Would the tiny minority of  our members who may (or may not) scream
> about this increase support a proposal that the dues would automatically
> increase by the US consumer price index every year?  Everything else
> increases at least that much. If this is agreeable to them then
> immediatly triple the amount we increased the dues. Am I overstating the
> case?

Not to me. Then again, my only gripe is that it wasn't mentioned on the front pages. Not the increase, nor the amount.

> Now a vocal few will ask - couldn't Corsa cut expenses instead - Well of
> course it could, but exactly how decimated would you like the
> organization to get?

I don't think anyone would espouse that thinking. I could be wrong. I think the increase was modest, and helps to cover increasing expenses that the club has to bear.

  Still there are repeated calls on
> this list and elsewhere for Corsa to do more - in a whole universe of
> projects. Doesn't add up does it?

Usually doesn't. That's how it goes.

HANK