<VV> Re: 65-66 differences

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 1 19:39:45 EST 2005

Thanks for the info. I printed it and will put it in the binder with my Tech
Guide.

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza

OK
Here is the little write up on the changes that occurred for the 65-66 model
years. There are 117 differences/changes. If you can think of any others,
let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Bigwave Dave

Changes to 1966 model year from 1965 model year *

Items include those first offered in the 1966 model year and items that were
put into production during the transition between the 1965 and 1966 model
year.  This list contains items and changes generally considered to be 1966
in nature but, many  were running changes that occurred towards the end of
the 1965 model year and therefore can be found on a number of  late
production 1965 Corvairs.  Also a few items were first make available later
in the 1966 model year and will not be found on all 1966 models. When
possible, dates for running changes are included. Dates on running changes
were gathered from the 1965 and 1966 assembly  manuals.  The dates listed
represent the date the changes were incorporated into the assembly manual
with a revision.  I believe these dates should be viewed as a ballpark
figure, give or take a week or two, on when the changes took effect.
Although the changes may have actually occurred on the dates listed in the
assembly manual, it appears  unlikely that GM would be so precise with
running changes.  Corvairs were also produced in three different plants
during the 1965 and 1966 model years, (Willow Run, Van Nuys, Oshawa).  You
would do well to assume that they did not occur at precisely the same time
at all three plants.

This list is as complete as possible but I'm sure I missed a few items. Feel
free to drop me an email If you find any other changes to corsa at comcast.net
compiled by David Trull  11/23/2003