<VV> Harry's Yenko

Harry Jensen hljensen at comcast.net
Fri Dec 2 08:52:44 EST 2005

Hi--

What is this, some new rite of spring?? If so, you're too early!

Every winter the racers get their cars ready for the season ahead and
usually about springtime, Warren LeVeque and his buddies starts needling me
about getting my car out of the basement.

Yes Hank, Matt stopped by in 2001 and we roasted wienies in the backyard.
He sat in the Yenko's drivers seat in the basement and made 'rrrrmmm,
rrrmmm' sounds. <VBG>

I've owned the car since about 1972. I am the second owner. The car was at
the 1974 convention in the concours and appeared in a number of conventions
in the late '80s. It also was on the cover of the Communique in 1988. Garth
asked me for a photo, so I posted the one from that '88 issue. See:

http://www.corvair.org/stingers.html

'Honey do' projects push it to the back burner, but lately even my kids are
joining Warren in pleading to get it on the road again.

--H