<VV> '61 Stock Steel Wheels

Donald Manen donmanen at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 18:35:23 EST 2005

In a really revolting turn of events- I discovered
today, while preparing to take interim insurance
photos, that my new wide tires and mag wheels (exact
copyies of those on my '64 coupe) will not fit my
Lakewood due it's decreased rear wheelwell radius...
Therefore, I have decided to run stock wheels with a
set of NOS '61 full caps on this project.

Right now, I'll bet Smitty is saying, "I could have
told you that, boy!!!"

To that end, I need two '61 13" stock steel
wheels---these can be identified by four small bumps
around the perimeter where the full hubcap mounts.  I
don't believe any other early model (maybe '60) had
these bumps---- and, I'm sure there is a technical
term for these little "bumps"--- but, being
injineeringly declined ..........   Anyone have a
pair--even one- extra???  For Sale???

Don Manen
Shadetree Engineer