<VV> RE: Working in strange places

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 13:49:05 EST 2005

All these stories of working your living room / backs of vans.....are
fascinating....

Living in San Diego, Ca.....weather was seldom a problem....if you had no
garage [ rentals were $3-$8 @ mth in the 60's ]  you did it on the front
porch......theft was not a problem then,,,,you'd leave your tools out there as
well.....

If you broke down  far from home....pull over to the side of the road..and
hitch a ride home......or get a tow from a passerby....I once had a 400 mile run
on a rope....

Once home...I never had the $$  to rebuild.....buy another engine / trans /
diff.  from a wrecking yard.....get some friends [ one with a truck or large
trunk ] and go fix it the next weekend....and we always had a good time....

Now you can no longer do that.....  garages that you can work in [ legally]
are $400  and up...

Those were the DaZe!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug