<VV> Engine Started in the Spyder

Nick Gier Corvair72387 at cinci.rr.com
Sat Dec 3 18:57:36 EST 2005

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I ended up changing the oil, taking
the plugs out, turned the engine over until the oil pressure light went off,
and then I started it. She fired up right away and there was a lot of
clatter. I let it run for 10 minutes or so and the noise quieted down a bit,
but there still needs is a noisy lifter. However I remember there being a
noisy one before I stored it. So I guess this means I need to adjust my
valves? Thanks again. VV is such a great resource.

Nick Gier

'63 Spyder (140 w/ Holley)

'65 Monza