<VV> Engine Started in the Spyder

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 4 00:22:16 EST 2005

Nick...

If it is warm and no salt on the roads, take it for a somewhat spirited
ride - at least a 1/2 hour - more if you have the time.  If it still
clatters when fully warm after a 45 minute ride, then you might think about
valve adjustment.  BUT, first look for a rocker nut that backed off from the
original adjustment.  You were happy when you did that one, right?  So, what
changed?  Broken/failing rocker arm, nut backed itself off, lifter is lazy
on pump up?  Something along those lines are the first suspects to look at.
Satisfy yourself that it is not something stupid before you readjust the
valves when you were happy with the adjustment before.

I just got home from a party - so those suggestions are not neccessarily in
order.

Later, JR