<VV> Corvair people do the darndest things..

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Dec 3 23:05:37 EST 2005

So I was looking at my battery hookups today, the positive side has a non-stock clamped cable type connector and it has several "extra" wires hooked up to it.  A PO has connected the body harness directly to the battery, bypassing the plastic connector.  That's OK but I noticed the wire that goes down to the common connector on the frame has a single wire spliced to two wires, both of which go to the common connector.  I removed this interesting thingy and on of the 2 wires was 14 gauge (it's supposed to be 12) and the other looked smaller.  So, a 14 plus another wire is kinda like a 12?  You Ultra guys are too much.  Anyway, it's back to having a single 12 gauge stranded wire with crimped connectors on each end.  What will I find next I wonder????

mike