<VV> Fw: fini

Bob Hill corvairs at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 3 23:40:41 EST 2005

Hank,

Since you mentioned me in your post, I feel obligated to respond.

I have been a member of the Corvair community since 1993 on VV for many years as well - not sure when I actually joined.  I have made many friends through my years of invovlement and made quite a few enemies when I resigned from the Corsa BoD.  I don't worry too much (actually not at all) about those who do not like me because I know I made the decisions I made because of what I felt was best and I do not apologize for standing up for what I believe.  Unless I did something personally to someone to cause them to have something against me I do not spend any time worrying about it because there is noting I can do to make them like me anyway.   Trust me - through the years of my ministry plus my outside business invovlements I have learned to accept that not everyone is going to "love" me.  Plus, I have to respect someone's opinion before it means anything to me and for most of those who have decided to say negative things about me over the years I don't respect their opinion so therefore it doesn't bother me any.  But I digress!!!!

Hank, you are one of those that I consider to be a friend.  There have been times that had I not been a pastor that I might have been tempted to tell you what I really thought but I am glad I didn't (for many reasons).  Over the course of time I have seen things from you that have made me respect you instead of diliking you.  You were one of the few folks who defended me when some folks on VV decided they needed to know about my personal financial standing that seemed to be abnormal for a minister - I have always appreciated that.  In many ways you and I are alike - there are some folks here that seem to want to ruffle your feathers but don't let them.  Don't drop to their level and certainly don't leave here for when ou do, they win and you lose.  You are bigger than that Hank and I know that so while it may seem right now that you should leave, sleep on it a few days and then decide - and I hope your decision is to stay.

For whoever has been on Hank's case (i haven't been reading all the posts), lay off of him.  Hank doesn't deserve being treated rudely on this forum any more than any one else and doesn't deserved to be treated with less respect than our other members.  I don't care much for Hank's BITE ME posts but I have come to take them with a chuckle as I understand the jest to which they are posted so now I just laugh when he writes that.

So, bottom line Hank, stay around and show whoever is harrassing you here that you are a bigger man and that you will not let him force you to leave something that I know you enjoy.  You say that it is obvious that you arent wanted here - I disagree - I think you are wnated here more than you may realize.

Bob