<VV> GPS for Corvair?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Dec 4 14:06:06 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/4/2005 8:00:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ronchoy at comcast.net writes:

Kinda  off topic, but does anyone use a GPS? Or have one? I think I want
one.
I rented Hertz cars with NeverLost which seemed pretty good, but  the
tv-advertised ones have touch screen which is handier.
If mounted  on the dash, can the display get washed out?  Thanks for any
comments.   -ron 65,66

I bought the expensive kind - it came with my new-to-me  2005 car. I see it
as a toy, I wouldn't have paid the money for it, but  it was already installed
in the car. The display does wash out a bit in  bright sunlight. The strangest
thing is watching it get really,  really confused when I am running an
autocross in the car.  It finally  gives up and waits for me to stop - then it
acquires the sat signals again. But  If I lived in a confusing city (SF?) or
delivered packages for a living  (UPS/FEDEX?) I would be using it a lot. Maybe I'll
need it when I get older!  <grin> - Seth Emerson