<VV> Engines and marriage proposals

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sun Dec 4 17:09:44 EST 2005

Seth writes:

My girlfriend help me do the final cylinder cleaning and  partial assembly
in

the living room of a house that I was sharing with a couple  of guys. The

final assembly of the cases and short block was done in the  kitchen. She
helped

there, too.  We were married shortly thereafter (32  years ago) and she
hasn't

worked on a Corvair engine part since. Hmmm. . .   - She will work the pedal

for brake bleeding, but that's about it! - Seth  Emerson

Interesting, a little over 22 years ago, my wife accepted my marriage
proposal while reading me the cylinder head torque sequence for my Beetle.
(Corvairs are not the only air cooled cars in my past.)  And, like Seth, I
can usually get her to pump the brake pedal, hold a light, etc. but she
won't do the wrench thing.

Cliff