Fwd: <VV>Flushing Re: DUAL MASTER CYL

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 11:51:51 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/5/2005 11:44:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
slowboat at mindspring.com writes:

> How about using acetone (a drying agent) instead of alcohol?  If that's not
> good, does flushing the DOT3 out with DOT5 result in some kind of residue
> problem? Does the DOT3 interact with the DOT5 and leave nasty stuff in the
> system?
>
> Thanks
> Andy Clark

In my experience the DOT3 and DOT5 don't interact--just as the manufacturers
claim.  The problem is getting the old lines cleaned of everthing else.  I
have DOT3 in our waterpumpers and the fluid is flushed every two years.  With the
Corvairs I flush them myself with the fluid I'm going to use.  Don't be
afraid to use as much as you need to get the system clean.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair