<VV> Re:dual MC squishy / no vair

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 23:45:11 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/5/2005 8:28:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

>  Smitty says:  Since I am not a big deal advocate for either dual master
> cyls or anti lock I am probably not an ideal person to say this Bill.  But you
> don't suppose that the soft pedal in the fail mode is to reenforce to the
> idiot American driver that the red light is trying to say something.  Maybe make
> him conscious that he should get something done about it.  I have had one
> brake failure in the last 50 years.  It was a partial failure in  my wifes
> Chevette (American).  I noticed when I got in it that the pedal was a little low
> but I was not used to the car.  It showed no warning light.  A few blocks
> from the house I made a fairly abrupt stop and found that only the rears were
> working.  If the pedal had felt all squishy when I pressed it the first time I
> would have known something was wrong.

************
My son purchased a Motorhome [34ft]  from the original owner....when he
asked...owner says it was always this way and was fine....it did stop fine....4
wheel disks!

After many trips to the desert / river, over mountains...AND  one trip to an
RV  shop for airbags / shocks / MASTER CYLINDER [ found by mechanic]   it was
STILL on!  and they said that was normal....

Finally the pedal goes to the floor and only the trailer brakes stopped it...

We had to pull the rear duals [22" with approx. 16" rotors]...to get to the
bleeders...
5-8 pumps to get fluid to run out......now the light stayed off....but didn't
feel right to me...

Bled the verticle line from MC to dash trailerbrake controller.....now felt
right...

He and his wife took a test drive.......threw the 25" tv off the stand
[anchored] the first stop!.....He went back to local RV shop and let them know......

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug