<VV> silicone fluid continued

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 04:11:15 EST 2005

i had a 64 convert that i changed over to silicone after a comeplete system
rebuild , in 1973. it still has the same fluid in it (new owner about 1998) and
a good pedal after all of those years. all of my cars except abs brake
vehicles have been changed over including 2 62 vettes i restored. if you want to see
a mess try putting a tablespoon of the 2 fluids in a glass and see what you
have.  if you cant use brake clean and air  to clean the system, i would flush
it with a pint of new silicone fluid i guess. i always just replaced every
cotton picking peice so i knew it would be clean.that is thee safe way to do it
.i first started doing this when silicone fluid was hard to get and pricey. all
postoffice vehicles had to have silicone fluid in them if you worked on them
back then also so something must be to it. another thing, use silicone fluid
as an assembly fluid on brake parts, not the stuff they sell as assembly
fluid.i keep a flip top bottle in with my brake tools for just such purposes.
regards, tim colson