<VV> Re: CORVAIR BURIAL VAULT

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Tue Dec 6 20:39:54 EST 2005

>I saw a 7-door Greenbrier with the "hearse" package at a NC Fall
>Affair show a few years back, complete with landau bars on the sides
>and the coffin rollers inside.   Had a single doublewide door in
>back, other doors were unremarkable.
>
>I'm sure someone else in here must have seen it too.   Who owned that
>thing and where is it these days?
>
>...would be "made to order" for anyone wishing to take their vehicle
>with them...
>
>;)
>

>Now:   How many of *those* were made?

Dad worked at a funeral home in the NC mountains in the late 60's through the early 70's. Many families
had private plots on their farms...often WAY up in the hills. The funeral home used a Corvan/Greenbriar
(not certain which) as the "flower car" but very often if was the only vehicle able to make it up the farm
roads/logging trails to the burial site, so it often served as a hearse as well.

It remained in use until the mid-70's when they finally replaced it with a 4x4.  I have no idea what
happened to it.

Bill Elliott