<VV> powerglide leak

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 7 22:49:51 EST 2005

Duh!

You be right, he DID say it was a late - so there are NO staples.

There IS a metal spring in the bottom edge of the rubber seal which might
LOOK a bit like a double row of staples.  It just slides (well, maybe gets
forced) onto the upper edge of the engine shrouding.  The upper end of the
rubber is held in place by the retainers around the perimeter of the engine
bay.  There are 8 (maybe 9?) pieces to the retainer.  Each corner piece only
fits a specific corner - the others will be obvious.

Later, JR