<VV> Powerglide Cable leak

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Dec 8 09:47:41 EST 2005

Smitty says:  Everyone has an opinion.  Here's mine.  I have read all the stuff about putting a hose over it or using heat shrink tubing but my fix is best just because it is cheap and -----  My Fix.  gg  Simply clean the area up with degreaser. (gasoline) and dry it thouroughly.  Wrap an overlapping, stretched tight, smooth layer of electricians tape about three layers over the leaking area.  (This last step is important).  Wrap a twist tie tightly around the last turn of tape to keep it from unwraping.  If you don't, then road oil will attack the adhesive and it will all unwrap over a period of time.  Anyone who want's to disagree with this method will have to take it up with a couple of 10-15 year old, non leaking, repairs on a couple of my cars.  Not with me.