<VV> powerglide leak

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Thu Dec 8 09:41:37 EST 2005

Lloyd,

You can also get a length of heat-shrink tubing that will seal nicely.
It worked fine for me.  Ken Hand sells 'em.  It was $7 a couple of years
ago.  According to the business card I have here in my desk, you can
reach Ken at VairMech at aol.com or by phone at 800-473-1832.  His mailing
address is Handy Car Care, 97 Peach, Pontiac, MI 48342.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (Ret.)

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: AeroNed at aol.com [mailto:AeroNed at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:31 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> powerglide leak

<snip>
The easy explanation for the PG cable fix works if the cable housing  is

cracked. This usually happens near where the cable goes into the trans.
You get a piece of gas line with an inside diameter about the same as
the OD of the cable. Slice the hose so that you can put it over the
damaged area of the cable.  Place the hose so that the slice is away
from the crack in the cable and secure it with some hose clamps.
</snip>