<VV> RE: crap cars book

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Dec 9 15:06:30 EST 2005

Actually not a big book at all measuring about 6 inches tall by 9 inches
wide. so the photo's aren't that large at all. Like I said, I browsed
through it and it certainly wasn't worth the $14.95 asking price, though
Amazon.com has them for $10.17 new and already has some listed as used, but
only slightly cheaper. this one will soon be in the bargain bin.
They also have a book listed titled "Automotive Atrocities, the cars we
love to hate", and another "Weird cars: a Century of the worlds weirdest
cars", and "Lemon,Sixty heroic automotive failures",  and a lot
more............

There's got to be some good reading in there somewhere..........

Gary Swiatowy

From: Jeff Clark <markii56 at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Re: Crap Cars

If it's one of those big, hard-covered books full of
large color photos and little text, then leave it on
the shelf.  I've received more of those over the years
than I can count ("The World's Greatest Cars, Cars of
the Fifties, The American Automobile: 1900-1990,"
etc...), and each one is chock-full of errors.  For
some reason, these are usually printed in England, and
sold here for pennies on the dollar.  But I just have
no use for a book that shows a photo of a 1975 Buick
LeSabre convertible, then identifies it as a 1971
Centurion in the caption.

Jeff Clark