<VV>Steering

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Dec 9 18:14:57 EST 2005

> > And we're supposed to "shuffle steer" using two hands

I learned it as "slow hands" almost three decades ago at a pursuit driving
school. Keep in mind that in racing and any medium-high speed autocross, if
you need to turn the wheel, even a five turn wheel, more than about a half
turn, you are  either already in trouble or on dirt/ice. Maybe that is why
the stock box in my Corsa never bothered me.

Of course it is hard to "shuffle steer" and shift. Maybe that is why paddle
shifters are popular.

Padgett