<VV> Carb vents

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 22:11:36 EST 2005

I have the engine out of my street buggy and, while it was up on a cart, I
noticed a potential problem.  At the base of all late model carbs is a 1/2"
dia. rubber vent "thingie" that is supposed to open when the throttle is
closed and close under all other throttle positions.  Both of my vents were
sitting at an angle on the edge of the plastic insulator under the carb.  It
seems the insulator is wider than the carb base and the vent is too big and
gets caught on the edge of the insulator.  I took the vents off and snipped
a flat on the vent with side cutters so it would seat against the carb
properly.  Don't know how much dirt I've sucked thru there but any is too
much.  Check yours!
Clark Hartzel