Fw: Re: <VV> NO CORVAIR - Hand position on steering wheel & air bags

Garth Stapon stapon1 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 10 10:01:53 EST 2005

Bill:

Thanks for the informative post.

A key element here is to stress that airbags are designed to augment seatbelts and just because your car has them, it does not mean that you can cheat by not wearing the seatbelt.

Seat belt compliance is low in the USA when compared with other countries - maybe because of the larger car size and I for the life of me can not understand why a driver would get behind the wheel and not buckle up.

I pestered my kids as they grew up and now the buckle up automatically.

Regards, Garth