<VV> EM/Universal Radio Housing

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu Dec 15 14:07:53 EST 2005

Steve,
I do not see the point of a replacement housing, unless you want a second
one
bolted below the stock, to retain the looks.  I have seen several of
these and they look fine.  If you are trying to install
just a modern radio, the existing housings can be cut to take a DIN mount
quite easily.  They are common enough to not worry about depleting the
supply.  For both my 63's I have the stock
radio, in its original housing, on the shelf, ready to bolt in if I ever
want the stock look.  And both cars have a cut for DIN mount housing in
place.
Each has a CD player, and a pair of Lon's speaker mounts.  The Coupe has
modern 4X10's mounted in two stock rear speaker housings, for a somewhat
stock look in the back, with very good sound, and no cutting involved
anywhere to the body.

-Geoff Johnson