<VV> Another Corvair sighting?

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Sun Dec 18 16:09:25 EST 2005

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:01:58 EST, NicolCS at aol.com wrote:

>Our Corvair friend Steve Laser usually goes to the Tokyo Motor Show for his
>work. (He's an automotive journalist).  This year he sent me the show catalog
>which included highlights from every year (they started in the 50's).  I just
>about fell out of my chair when I got the the 1964 page.  Either Datsun and GM
>were copying the same European design OR the stylists went the same college
>(as a practical matter, there are only two design schools)

>Check this out:

The early model Corvair is likely the most-copied car design in history. I'm pretty confident that GM was
first with this milestone design... all of the other copies didn't start appearing until the early '60's. Never
mind Japan... it's difficult to find a European car maker (even behind the Iron Curtain) that didn't have
their own "Corvairesque" design by 1964...

Bill Elliott