<VV> That "Mysterious Noise"

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Dec 19 15:04:25 EST 2005

Just to close this one that I put on VV a couple of weeks ago, the responses were almost unanimous that it was due to loose wheel lug nuts and, though I would never admit it, I have concluded that that was the problem.  After reinstalling the left front wheel,  it has been silent.  Since the lug nuts were removed with an air wrench, we'll never know for sure but it sure seems logical.  The wheel didn't make any noise when shaking it prior to it's removal, however, so apparently the nuts don't have to be very loose for a wheel to make a lot of noise.

RonH
(A tiny bit wiser)