Fwd: <VV> re: brake bleeding

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 20:32:14 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/19/2005 12:54:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

> I hate to sound stupid (but I really just can't help it) but don't you have
> to worry about the grease "contaminating" the brake fluid?
>
> mike

Mike,  I only use a thin coat on the bleeder THREADS only (wipe off excess).
If any grease migrates it will follow the fluid  out of the cylinder into
your container.  Keep any grease off the sealing surface of the bleeder valve if
you want to be sure.  I use the hi-temp brake grease that is used for the
backing plate wear surfaces.  I haven't had any contamination problems.

Bob Hall