<VV> Re: vv diff between Corsa and Monza

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Tue Dec 20 08:21:09 EST 2005

snip

 The lower  grill piece on
> the 500 and monza
> (in 1965) was unadorned and had  a pair of small grille
> openings stamped into
> the center parts of  the lower section. The whole section was
> painted body
> color, including the  stamped portions.

I always understood that the grille area on the Monza where the Corsa
inserts would otherwise be found was painted silver on the Monza.  Chuck
Armer used to have a low mileage '65 madeira maroon Monza convertible, and I
believe that the insert area was painted silver on his convertible.  I
recall that the car did experience some pretty serious collision damage and
was repaired and repainted, but my understanding was that the silver was
correct.

Anyone out there own an original paint '65 Monza?

Norm Witte