<VV> Shifter difference, was: vv diff between Corsa and Monza

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Tue Dec 20 11:14:36 EST 2005

The simple answer is simply that 3speeds got a black shifter and 4speeds
got a chrome shifter, regardless of model or engine. The Corsa got a
shift tower that had tabs riveted on, which distinguishes them. However,
one thing about the Corsa shifter, which you will never find
documentation to verify it, is that it IS a quicker shifter. I proved
this once when I installed a Corsa shifter in a '69 4speed car. The
stock shifter had a long shift pattern in it (almost to the point where
you could say that you had to throw it under the dash for first and
third and into the back seat for second and fourth - LOL), and it WAS
noticably shortened with the Corsa shifter in it - with absolutely NO
other changes made! Near as I can figure is that the service part is all
the same, hence no documentation. And I have never been able to measure
any difference either, so go figure.

-Mark