<VV> Rebuild II

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 20 13:00:33 EST 2005

> In the service manual, it states;
>     " ... install distributor as follows: Rotate crankshaft
> counterclockwise until number 1 cylinder is a T.D.C. (timing mark to 0
> on tab) of COMPRESSION stroke (fig. 76)  [ and you can tell if it is
> the COMPRESSION stroke by ....?]
>     Set distributor with rotor pointing to number on cylinder position
> and
> note position of drive tang on distributor shaft.
>     Using a long screw drive, turn oil pump shaft [did they say take
> the
> distributor out first, NO]

SU

> Hate to tell you bro, but they never told you to install the
> distributor yet in that procedure..............
> Regards,
> Bob Helt

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Perhaps the confusion could have been avoided by the writers of the
manual using the more unambiguous "align" ( 1: to bring into line or
alignment, 2: to be in or come into precise adjustment or correct
relative position) as opposed to "set" (1: a: the act or action of
setting, b: the condition of being set, {and also}. . . 6: the manner
of fitting or of being placed or suspended) and/or I could read about
the entire procedure before attempting to perform any one of the steps
of said procedure.

Stephen Upham
Corvairium II