<VV> Corsa VS Monza VS 500 air grill

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 21 00:42:14 EST 2005

My source, you want to know my source?  You don't trust me?

I don't know if I'm allowed to divulge.  Oh, what the hey....

Actually, I was also under the impression that Monza could have silver or
body color in the grill area UNTIL I asked Dom Perino about it.  I was
guessing that it might be a factory specific thing or possibly even a day of
the week built thing - like a rush to get the cars out and no time to put
the silver on (I assume) over the body color.  Or, somebody accidentally put
a 500 one on a Monza every so often.  They appear to me to have been painted
off the car.

Anyway.....

Dom (and Rich Carroll) have over a dozen Vairs (I've lost count - I think it
is getting close to 20) together and at least a couple of them are still in
original (factory) paint - competing in factory stock class and some have
been restored to stock.  So, Dom (who does most of the work) knows what he
is talking about since he researches carefully when going for a stock
restoration.  His license plate on his daily driver is "Mr NOS".  On top of
that, he also worked for lclc for a few years and I sure he picked up quite
a few tips there.  I believe that Larry typically oversees the concurs
judging at national conventions, so HE must know stock from non and I'm sure
that at least some of that knowledge was passed along to Dom.

So, my answer (the short one) to you inquiry is - Dom said so.

Later, JR