<VV> Corsa VS Monza VS 500 air grill

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Wed Dec 21 12:52:27 EST 2005

By the way, I should point out that one does have to be careful when using
the assembly manual. That's because they are like railroad timetables--any
page could be updated at any time during the production year, and the
procedure was to REPLACE the existing page. And, the manuals we are able to
buy today are copies of the assembly manuals as they existed at the END of
each production year.

This all means that running changes can be pretty hard to document some
times. I've found the change log on each page to help often but sometimes
the notations are garbly-gook and really not helpful.

Here's an example: The 1962 FC assembly manual shows the second design
clutch linkage. One might think at first glance that this means all '62 FCs
had this design. Nope. You can tell from the dates in the change log that it
happened quite late in the production year (and observation of '62 FCs
confirms).

--Kent

P.S. Every once in awhile you will find an older version of a page included,
essentially because the people on the line did not remove it. I saw this for
one page in a 1970 Nova assembly manual and Bill Hubbell told me he saw one
in a (I think) 1964 Corvair assembly manual.