<VV> Question on Cord 8/10

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 21 13:37:34 EST 2005

Seth pointed out to me in response to my 8/10 posting that the original
question may have been not re the looks, but how the drive train is
connected to the front wheels, so....
The front suspension uses Plymouth Valiant torsion bars, and the brakes are
'65 Rambler American (drums). The drive shafts have a stock Corvair inner
u-joint with a CV joint at the wheel. The suspension/drive components look
like Citroen to me, but I don't know for sure. I haven't yet back-checked
the component P/Ns to find out what the original applications were.
Glenn Pray used available parts from other manufacturers to keep the costs
down. It all works pretty well together, although the front wheel Ackerman
angles are not what they should be. That's my next challenge.
Andy Clark
66 140/4 Monza Sedan
66 140/4 Stinger Clone
66 180/4 Cord 8/10 #60