<VV> Rebuild II

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 14:34:55 EST 2005

Hey Stephen,
  Take out the plugs so you aren't pushing against compression. Unless the engine is seized or you're using a really short wrench, there should be no effort at all.

  Chuck Kubin

Stephen Upham <contactsmu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  The only way that I can get enough leverage to turn the crank by hand
is to take the oil filter - generator adaptor plate off of the top of
the engine. Are there any problems doing that and then adjusting the
valves? If not, then I'd have to try to tip an almost completely
assembled engine up on the bell housing from the rolling cart (2 1/2
inches high) by myself (not happening).

Stephen Upham
Corvairium II