<VV> Re: vv diff between Corsa and Monza

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed Dec 21 18:32:21 EST 2005

ALL the dealer books refer to the 500 having body color grills and the
Monza and Corsa models having silver grills. However, some of the
"accessory" brochures and pictures in the dealer books are retouched
photos or inaccurate paintings and should not be relied upon.

I think it's safe to say that the designers intended the above paint
scheme, but sometimes the factory didn't always build each car
accordingly. There have been cases of other "goofs" occurring, like
Monza steering wheels on 500's and vice versa. Add to the repaint issue,
and it's understandable that 40-some years later, there would be some
confusion.

For historical accuracy, I'd go with what the designers intended in all
cases.

-Mark C