<VV> Oil pushing up dipstick tube

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Dec 22 08:26:01 EST 2005

>My daughter's 65 Monza just started pushing oil up the  dipstick tube.  I
>looked at the tech guide & 'The Classic Corvair';  but see no mention of it.
>I presume (if the rings haven't suddenly worn  out) that she has a plugged
>breather tube and/or orifice on vacuum balance  tube.  Could it be
>anything else?

Mine does the same thing after a while if I block the breather but are
really two issues:
1) why is the crankcase becoming pressurized
2) why is the pressure not being relieved.

First thing to do is to run a compression check. This will tell you if a
cylinder may be causing the problem. In my case the compression is fine and
I am suspecting worn valve guides.

Oriface is only 5/64" and does not flow much even when operating properly.

Padgett