<VV> LM shifters

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Dec 22 18:10:26 EST 2005

"Hate to add", Andy???  This is the FUN part!

There are LM four shifters listed in GM literature:

1,2,3 are all 3-speed
870 =  '65 3-speed, painted
871 = '65 3-speed, chromed (For Corsa)
738 = '66-9 3-speed (exc. Corsa)  (There's no listing for a 66 3-sp Corsa)

872 = '65-9 all

The brackets on a Corsa base are separate part numbers listed on UPC7-B3 for
converting a standard base for a Corsa model.
C. Nicol

<snip> I hate to add to this, but my simple-minded observation is: could the
different P/N for the Corsa shifter be due to the 2 holes designed to hold
the brackets for the Corsa chrome shifter cover?
I've looked at several shifters in my parts rack from both '66 Corsas and
'66 Monzas and can find no difference except for the holes. <unsnip>