<VV> LM shifters

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu Dec 22 22:52:46 EST 2005

<snip>
From: "Andy Clark" <slowboat at mindspring.com>
Subject: <VV> Re: LM shifters
Hi,Craig. Understand the separate P/Ns for the tabs. What I was saying is
that maybe it's as simple as the holes in the base making it a different P/N from
the base sans holes. <unsnip>

That's a good thought, Andy, but I don't think that's the reason - here's my
take:

The only Corsa-specific part in the whole program is the 3-speed lever for a
'65.  The brackets do not install on the lever of course; they go on the
housing. The prevailing thought is that the difference is its chrome plated surface
finish vs painted finish.

Of course the housing is where the brackets go and there is no Corsa-specific
housing listed in the parts or assembly manual. The housings for all LM
3-speeds are the same (all the pieces are sold separately, there's no "unit" part
number). The shorter housings for all LM 4-speeds are naturally a different
number but still all LM 4-speeds use the same part according to the parts manual.
  The assembly manual has instructions at to where the assembly-line
installer is to drill holes in the shifter housing for the Corsa brackets.

I'm going to take a look at Clark Hartzel's input and double check it against
the parts manuals.
Craig Nicol