<VV> Re: LOSSS OF POWER

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 07:46:42 EST 2005

need to check dwell , fuel pressure , and maybe compression.  i made a fuel
line that quickly replaces the drivers side fuel line from the pump to the carb
with a small fuel pressure gauge in it for testing. quick and easy. i found
some really neat small fuel pressure gauges cheap at autozone.  i plan on
putting one on my dash ssomewhere hooked to my gas heater. also will put a neon
bulb to watch spark at the heater plug. you should be able to get an idea if its
compression related just by the sound of it cranking or even running. also
need to see if mechanical advance is working , either by taking the breaker plate
off and looking or with a timing light. hope this helps.
 mine was the piston rings going bye bye from too much work.
happy holidays.    tim colson