<VV> Leaning Out the Midrange

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Dec 25 17:37:47 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/25/05 10:29:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Mikeamauro at aol.com writes:

> Readings obtained indicate the F/A mixture is consistently rich
> (11-to-12-to-1) in the cruising range. I've gone as lean as I dare with the
> main  jets
> (.049s), but jetting does not appear to significantly affect midrange
> mixture.

Corvair Rochester carburetors are designed to run rich at mid range, then
they go lean at high speed, until the PE activates or pulsing occurs at near full
throttle. You probably aren't getting the emulsion tube to bleed enough air.
Try opening up the main well air bleed.

PS it's A/F, not F/A for 15.6. F/A would be 0.064

Regards,
Bob Helt