<VV> lm door window adjustment secrets??

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Dec 26 16:58:47 EST 2005

What the heck is the secret to LM front door window adjustment?  I chased my tail for hours today and can't seem to get the window right.  It decided to adjust it because it was getting hard to wind down (although it used to be fine).  So I took the panel and paper off and started adjusting everything.  Eventually I had every nut or screw loose and I've got it rolling up and down OK.  It hits the upper rear corner too soon and it feels like the rear sits too high.  I've got the body manual and I've followed what it said about what to adjust for which adustment.  I'm getting frustrated.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Even if someone could recommend a good book on GM door and window adjustments.  Or do I just keep chasing my tail until it gets better?  It's a convertible BTW, if that makes any difference.

mike