<VV> Torque Converters

wblanning at adelphia.net wblanning at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 27 20:41:36 EST 2005

With reference to recent posts about gas mileage & torque converters, does anyone know if a lock up torque converter can be made for Corvairs?  We had an '84 Celebrity with a 2.8 liter (+/- 164 c.i.) V-6 and a lock up converter that stopped locking up.  Highway mileage dropped from 27 mpg to 23 mpg when the lock up feature quit.  So I was thinking that a lock up converter might help mileage in Powerglide Corvairs and would probably reduce interior noise level too.

Wade