<VV> Torque Converters

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Wed Dec 28 10:35:27 EST 2005

Th200's used a drum with a piston that applied to a drum to lock the
turbine with oil from a
valve in the valve body.  I doubt it would easily be fit into a Corvair
unit, but I imagine if someone cuts one open maybe there is a way.
Speaking of torque convertors.  There is a noticeable loss of efficiency
with a higher stall in my useage.    My Toronado powered  Vair  has a
variable stall
torque convertor.  Mileage falls to 9mpg from
12 when it is set to high stall.  Could also be I step into the
secondaries
lot more in high stall.
-
Geoff  Johnson