<VV> Torque Converters

albertwyang at verizon.net albertwyang at verizon.net
Tue Dec 27 20:57:28 EST 2005

Lock up feature is usually activated by a solenoid, which needs to be controlled by an electronic module.  When vehicle speed is steady and enigne load is not too high, the lock up feature is activated.  Accelerating,, downshifting, changin in engine load or even braking can disengage the lock-up.  This is qutie a complicated system to install and to calibrate.

Other problems in the converter might reduce gas mileage too.  Is it definietly that the lock-up feature quit?