<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 11, Issue 141

Rad Davis rad.davis at comcast.net
Tue Dec 27 21:48:18 EST 2005

I promise I'll edit that out if it turns out not to be true.  Somebody else
wrote it, and I had no definite proof either way, so i left it.

The whole point of Wikipedia is that it's kind of an information
zeitgeist.  It's definitely not a final and authoritative source on
anything, although most people most of the time seem to want it to be more
accurate, and many spend a few minutes once in a while editing something
that bugged them.

Interestingly, Wikipedia, as young as it is, is already in the ballpark on
accuracy most of the time, according to at least one study comparing it to
the Encyclopedia Britannica recently.

In any case, people (usually people who are curious and not knowledgeable)
look at these articles.  It behooves us to have accurate information in the
Corvair entry.

Rad Davis:                                        rad.davis at comcast.net
Corvairs--65, 66 Corsa coupes, '65 'brier Deluxe   http://www.corvair.org/
Keeper of the Forward Control Corvair Primer:
http://www.mindspring.com/~corvair/fc1.html
"We did Nebraska in seven minutes today. I think that's probably the best
way to do Nebraska."                            --Brian Shul, _Sled Driver_