<VV> My Alternator short story (very.)

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 21:51:20 EST 2005

I talked to Matt nall today and he was telling me all about how to go get a 69 Camaro Alt and change the new bearing out and put the corvair front chassis piece on the new rebuilt alt.

  Since I had money, and it made pretty good sense to me, I went and bought one.

  I used a dremel and soap/water and a nice new plastic brillo pad thing and cleaned the front piece up.

  Putting th new parts on the Corvair front piece and putting it all back together was pretty easy.  Now I have a new rebuilt 27 Amp Delco Alternator for my car.  and instead of costing me 49.99 pluss shipping, or more...AFTER the core charge( since I didn't have a camaro Alt to trade in...I'm wondering if they'll take it now, since the old half is on the new camaro half)  It ended up costing me a whopping 48.  that was after adding on the tax and the 6 dollar core.

  6!  MUCH BETTER THAN 50!

  haha

  anyway...Just thought I'd publicly say Thanks to Matt, and let ya'll know I'm getting closer to baing another Corvairist on the road.

  Ryan V

1965 Corsa/110/4
http://www.edselmotors.com/corsa.html
and http://free4allband.tripod.com/corsacorvair.html