<VV> Re: GPS systems

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Dec 28 11:09:17 EST 2005

------------------------------
All,

I was perusing the latest edition of the Summit Racing catalog and found a
speedometer that requires no wires other than for lights and power. It uses
GPS to calculate the speed. No worries about tire size or any other changes
that affect the reading.
I don't have the page or item number as my brother-in-law left with my copy!

Rick Norris

Hmm, that's interesting.  I used my GPS to check my speedo and although the GPS will provide you with an accurate speed, it lags so it's only accurate if you're maintaining a fixed speed.  Unless this speedo/gps has a different, faster processing than my hand held gps - which is certainly possible.

mike