<VV> VV re: oil out of the dipstick tube

Brown, David David.Brown at bsci.com
Wed Dec 28 11:29:28 EST 2005

I cut off the tube, as you suggest, on my 110 several years ago, but it
had no effect what so ever.  The pressure in the crankcase still pushed
out the oil that is still getting splashed around in the crankcase, so
the new level of the dipstick tube made no difference.  What worked for
the next 2 years (before I sold the engine- still running great) was to
relieve the pressure by running a hose from the oil cap to an overflow
chamber (aftermarket radiator use), & then to the back side of the air
cleaner (where it couldn't be seen).  This way the pressure was relieved
& excess 'bad' gasses were re-burned as well.
Dave
Corvair Houston