<VV> Corvair Engine for Sale

Shanyn yourpals at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 15:23:30 EST 2005

-          Hi,

I received your email as a potential contact to assist in selling a corvair
engine.  Here are some of the details that I have to date.  Sorry..not
mechanically inclined, however, I think that I have some of details to
start.

Thanks for your time.much appreciated!  I have already received a few calls
and emails since my last note and I've pulled a few numbers off the engine
for identification purposes.  Unfortunately, I think I've pulled the
incorrect numbers.  Here is what I have so far.  Looks like a 6 cylinder
engine with 3 spark plugs on each side (sorry I'm not mechanically inclined,
at all), 6 pistons (?) on each side of the engine.  Near the pistons are the
numbers "5856728" on the right side of the engine with "71B" (right side
looking at the crank).  On the left side there are the numbers "75B".  Near
the bottom of the engine (I believe on the block) it has "GM 3819616".  And
on the top of the engine is "145236".

I hope that this helps.  Yes, I'm interested in selling.  Not sure what a
fair price is, had an offer over the phone already for $300 max (without
seeing the engine and knowing what year and condition).

I'm including a few pictures of the engine; you'll see that I did not dust
the engine off before I took the pictures (oops).

Thanks again for everything.

Dave -

(313) 274-3348