<VV> 63 Starter Wiring ?

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Thu Dec 29 12:26:10 EST 2005

I am doing winter maint on the wifes 63 coupe pg.

In 1 connector it has the 3 wires going in and 2 going out to the
starter.  The thick purple and the yellow.  The opposite connector has the
purple and two wires going into it.  The yellow wire is damaged;  Metal
exposed.

As suggested in the Tech guide I removed the big red wire from the rear
harness.  Should I split the purple and yellow wires into  from each other
in this junction.  My late has it this way.

Thanks to all.