<VV> Stuck accellerator

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Thu Dec 29 12:53:51 EST 2005

My 63 is suffering from a lightly stuck accelerator.   It never returns
fully by itself, I have to pop it back up by myself.  The difference is
maybe 200rpm so its only annoying at a light, but it is bothersome.

I removed the tunnel pan covers.  If I had actuate the linkage at the rear
pivot, it seems to freeze about 1/2 inch before it is unable to move.   Any
suggestions?  I want to avoid it getting worse at the wrong time (stuck
down at an intersection, the wife driving, and me having to make my own
dinner for 6 months).

The plan at this point is to unbolt and lubricate the peddle end
pivot.  But what kind of grease should I use.

I removed the carpet to see if that was the problem.  The rear pivot can
rock a little in place, is their a rebuild kit for these.

Thanks.